Sunday, March 22, 2015

Position and Orientation (Geometry with Eb)

Description: We have been learning about Position and Orientation with Eb. It is a part of our learning about Geometry at maths time.

WALT: give and follow directions using, left, right, up, down, North, South, East and West

Questions:

1. What major landmarks can you see from the Plaza?
Subway MacDonalds

2. What is the closest landmark North-West from McDonalds?
Library

3. What direction is the Arena from United Video?
South west

4. After the doctors I turn right down Victoria Ave and turn right at the round about. I travel South-West until the main road. Turn left. Follow road and stop at the 3rd right turn.Travel South-West and stop at the bottom corner of the square. What am I doing?...


a) Going Shopping        
b) Getting a Sandwich at Subway        
c) Getting a library book        
d) Hiring a DVD


5. Create your own instructions for someone to follow using the language you have learned.




Your at subway. Turn right on Ferguson st. At Ferguson St turn right until the corner of princess St. Go up princess St until broadway Ave. Turn right down broadway and at the round about Turn left up Victoria St, what are you doing...

(A) Getting a video 

(B) Watching a game at the Showgrounds

(C) At the doctor's having a cheek 

(D) Shopping at the plaza

When you choose say in the comments please :)


Feedback/Feedforward:  I think you did well and that you followed the instructions really well next time you could make sure you check your answer's twice.
-Tabitha



Evaluation:  I think I did well with following the instructions, and I'm feeling proud of myself, and if I dod this again I will make sure I think about what direction I'm facing and making sure I go back and cheek it again to make sure I dident make any mistake like I did, when I did this.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great reflection Katie. You obviously learned a lot through this activity. The only question that you may like to think about again is question 1. Do you really thin that you could see the bus stop from around the corner?

    ReplyDelete